April 19, 2009

Susie

Heyy guys. i think most of you should have watched Susan Boyle on Britains Got Talent by now. but if you havent, YOU HAVE TO.

heres why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

YOU NEED TO WATCH IT. do not be lazy and not click on it.

she took Les Miserables I Dreamed a Dream, and made it her own.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hope was high and life, worth living.
I dreamed that love would never die,
I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Then I was young and unafraid,
And dreams were made and used and wasted.
There was no ransom to be paid,
No song unsung, no wine, untasted.

But the tigers come at night,
With their voices soft as thunder,
As they tear your hope apart,
And they turn your dream to shame.

He slept a summer by my side,
He filled my days with endless wonder...
He took my childhood in his stride,
But he was gone when autumn came!

And still I dream he'll come to me,
That we will live the years together,
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather!

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living,
So different now from what it seemed...
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed...

haha my jaw literally dropped when she started singing.
talk about cynical. talk about superficiality.
within that 3 minutes, she gained the respect of thousands of people across the world.

maybe dreams do come true =)

3 comments:

  1. My jaw dropped when she started singing too. I think it's not so much just her voice but the contrast between her beautiful voice and her less-than-outstanding look that made the impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zomg everyone's been nuts about Susan Boyle. Have you guys seen the amount of articles written about her?! I was watching her video over and over again in office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeheee hee. she looks like monobrowic nanny.

    ReplyDelete