May 20, 2009

We didn't start the fire

I loved my dream last night. It was one of those kinds of dreams where everything was crazy vivid and surrealistic and rebellious-funny. A friend and I were sneaking around a white-polished straight-cut corporation (I knew it was a school and we were in the general office) trying to obtain a mystery form. We had entered the NO ENTRY zone and we were skirting cameras, picking locks and checking rooms.

Then, as all dreams do, it morphed from stealing documents to breaking into a clock tower, still within the school compound. The adrenaline rush was crazy; because I knew I was rebelling and that I would be punished for it. What added to the excitement was that it was essentially a liberation mission to free all the stressed and frazzled students in the school.

My friends distracted the 'guards' and I banged my way into the clock tower. I charged up the tower and tried to find the clock. Instead I found a microphone. I knew the microphone was connected to every single room in the school compound, and that if I talked, anyone could hear me. I had a radio in my hand, a guitar in the other. (I could hear the shouts of angry teachers outside the clock tower) I fumbled with my radio and, with a burst of triumph, blasted the liberation song throughout the entire school compound. Everywhere, students started singing and dancing. The song was like ecstasy. I heard noises behind me and the radio jammed to a stop, so I tried frantically to reproduce the chord riffs with my guitar. A teacher suddenly appeared to my right, raised a shotgun and gunned me down.

I've never broken any major rules or sneaked into forbidden compounds, but at least I can do it in my dreams.

Below is the youtube link to my liberation song. This song played so vividly in my head throughout the dream. As I ran around frantically trying to break into the clock tower, it was already playing in my head, as if screaming: I AM YOUR ULTIMATE GOAL. BLAST ME. I AM YOUR ULTIMATE GOAL. BLAST ME...

We didn't start the fire - Billy Joel


I love this song.


Here's a singaporeanified version. I've given you the censored version because the original has Hossan Leong dancing.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY
    i didn't know the awesome singapura song was a spoof of billy joel!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete