March 20, 2009

The Cinematic Orchestra

i just came back from jazz-electronic outfit The Cinematic Orchestra's gig at Esplanade Concert Hall

the moment the sound hit me on their first piece...i was this close to crying. My eyes sort of scrunched up and my lips trembled and i had to put my hands to my cheeks to get a hold of myself. Seeing one of your most respected bands live...drives the happiest pain through your chest.



(I wonder what will happen to me if radiohead do come down to singapore. Probably would drown in my own tears.)

Burn out - the song that drove me to tears.



Evolution - they didn't play this song today, I wish they had. The jam is so sick.



i have to commend the drummer tonight...Luke Flowers. He was absolutely amazing. If I ever become a famous performer, I want to be like him when I play live. The drumset is his playground; and he plays like the happiest person in the world.


All Things to All Men - another song i wished they had played. Absolutely haunting, I can't even begin to describe.


What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment